04 October, 2006

Apartment

Blogger says my last update was October 3rd, which worries me just a little, because the last time I can remember doing anything here was at least a week ago. Are any of you messing with my blog?

I write this from my new apartment, lying on my lovely bed using the wireless internet I set up (read: I plugged the Airport in) a couple minutes ago.

It's in a pretty old building, so there's no elevator and there are high ceilings and lots of character. I'm on the troisième étage, which is the 4th floor in America, which is just high enough that I get some exercise coming up to my room, but not so high that I have to stop in the middle and take a break. It's a wonderful apartment. It smells nice, and my room's big, and sunny, and has purple and yellow pastel-y wallpaper that I thought I didn't like but it turns out I do, and I bought blue pastel sheets and a matching pillow and comforter. Although I'm a little ashamed of it, I've always liked pastels, and they make the room calm and happy. I've got an extremely comfortable (at least so far- we'll see in a few nights) bed in one corner, and an armoire and a desk and a nice bookshelf and three lamps and a chair, and I love it all.

I didn't think it would be a very big change, moving from my room in the Hôtel Bristol to my apartment, but it is. I didn't know living in the hotel was making me a little tense, but when I finished moving my stuff over here last night I felt so much more relaxed. It's my very own room, and no one is going to come in to clean without letting me know, or fix things without telling me, and I get to arrange it however I want, and I don't have to worry about moving all my stuff again till June. I have a home now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having a home is a very nice thing indeed. Thanks for the update. Oh, and the "last updated" probably includes comments.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was me. I stole your password last year when we were living together, and at night I go on the site and switch words around in so subtle a way that you don't notice it outright when you look, but it registers in your subcounscious and just eats away at you, day after day. Because I'm a bad person.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by subcounscious, I mean subconscious. In case you were wondering.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering. But then, it´s easy to wonder about Susanna. Your new place sounds nice =) I also live on the tercer piso, which is actually the fourth floor. Woot for stairs. Except it´s an issue because it´s pitch-black in there...

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

home, home, home, home... need I say more? other than yes, I am certifiably insane. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA okay done now.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home