08 November, 2006

They tell me it gets even colder

We turned on the heating in the apartment yesterday. I hadn't really realized I was cold, but this morning when I woke up I got out of bed and wandered around for a while and made myself breakfast, and I was sitting eating breakfast when I realized that I was just wearing a nightshirt, no socks, no slippers, no bathrobe, and I wasn't freezing!

It's gotten down to -2˚C here at night, which I think is great fun. I'm having a marvelous time skipping about in my boots and my tights and my sweater and my coat and my scarf and my hat and my gloves. Actually, I seem to have left the hat on the tram this evening, but I'm going to go see if I can find the tram lost-and-found tomorrow. I sincerely doubt anyone will have stolen it. It's that kind of hat.

I really don't mind the cold. I don't know how I get away with loving Southern California so much when heat makes me miserable and cold makes me skip. Elsa assures me it's the novelty and I'll soon get used to it, but I hope not. It makes such a nice start to my day, going out and being just thrilled because I can see my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home