06 November, 2006

Fire! Wait, no. Firemen.

Well, I just bought a calendar from a fireman. I didn't know they still did that.

I'd just started cleaning up the kitchen when the doorbell rang. I jumped out of my skin, 'cause nobody ever rings the doorbell, guessed Elsa had forgotten her keys (while secretly hoping it was someone more interesting), opened the door, and was greeted by a fireman in full fire-fighting regalia. My first thought was not "calendar." My first thought was more along the lines of "oh my god, who called the firemen? Did the fire alarm go off? Do we even have a fire alarm? It wasn't me!"

He asked me if I wanted to buy a calendar. I said probably not, but let me see anyway. Then I kicked myself, because how cool would it be to have a French fireman calendar hanging in your apartment in Isla Vista?

So now I have a French fireman calendar. It's got all the saints' days listed on it. I plan to hang it somewhere properly pretentious when I get back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firemen rock. And it was, in fact, someone interesting. nice.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home